Monday, March 15, 2010

Eating Mindfully

Hello blogger world!

I'm starting this blog as a place to chronicle my go-to recipes that are easy to prepare and low in calories while still having good nutritional content. I have absolutely zero professional training in nutrition - just the real life working knowledge of what works for my body.

I have found over the years that knowing ahead of time the calorie content of the food you're about to eat is half the battle - you can always plan accordingly how much to eat if you know that extra few bites will add 10s (or 100s) of calories to your total for the day.

These recipes will hopefully inspire you to enjoy moderation in all things. I truly don't believe in banning any one food from your life - in my personal experience, that's a recipe for disaster! It leads to hidden trips to the kitchen to finish the cookie dough while no one is watching... and if you're someone like me who has struggled with eating disorders all your life, you know that this is never going to help you maintain a healthy weight that you can feel good about.

I hope this website has some useful ideas for you all!

Josey

All nutrition info is taken from the MyFitnessPal database. Information is deemed reliable, but not guaranteed.

No comments:

Post a Comment